Aging-In-Place Renovation Makes Living at Home Better, Safer, and More Convenient
There are so many things to consider, and many changes to your lifestyle, when you need extra help, or become the caregiver of someone with special needs or disabilities.
It is possible for you or your family member to stay in your home, even with disabilities or physical challenges. It’s called aging-in-place, allowing you to stay in your home longer with accommodations that are part of a remodeling solution. Developed in conjunction with occupational therapists who partner with Sound Builders, aging-in-place solutions help overcome impairments such as low vision, reduced mobility, and other issues. You can rely on us for a remodeling plan that is fully ADA compliant.
So, if you’re looking for an expert in aging-in-place, “universal design”, or handicapped access solutions, turn to VLC Construction
A Few Aging-In-Place Remodeling Features
Here are just a few of the ways Sound Builders can meet your personal remodeling needs:
- Install special fixtures to aid movement and mobility.
- Widen hallways to more easily accommodate a wheelchair or walker.
- Change the height of countertops to make them more accessible.
- Redesign and refit bathrooms, including toilets and bathtubs or no threshold showers.
- Install ramps to overcome stair barriers and elevation changes.
- Install residential elevators or Stair Lifts.
- Change the layout and appliances in laundry facilities to make them easy to use.
- Relocate bedrooms or bathrooms to maximize accessibility within the home.